Pesto Chicken Tomato Bake
This chicken dish is easy, quick, and delicious. Pairing suggestion: roasted asparagus and zucchini noodles.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 container of pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice chicken breasts in half. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 25 minuntes. Remove from oven.
- Spoon pesto sauce onto each breast. Spread sauce until completely covered.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of chicken. Approximately 2 slices per breast.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
- Place back in oven for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove. Let cool for 5mins. Serve.